Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Formerly Frumpy #1 - Hirsutism

OUCH!!! That scream was a result of self inflicted pain, but it was all in the name of beauty. One of the things I am hoping to leave behind this year is my frumpy existence. Though I thoroughly enjoy looking nice, I can't say that I regularly put that much effort into it. I'm having an exceptionally frumpy day today, so I decided to do something about it.

Today's project was tackling the embarrassing problem known as hirsutism. For those who don't know, this is when females experience male pattern hair growth. (Yeah, not exactly dinnertime conversation.) Those who are PCOS sufferers like myself may know this problem all too well. And in the hustle and bustle that is life, there are days when I seem to forget this is a problem. Then I look in the mirror, as I did today, and see this forest of hair on my chin! OK, not really a forest. But, it was enough hair to notice. So, you guessed it...it was time for a wax. To be economical, I decided that I would wax my chin myself instead of going to a salon to have it done.

After a few mishaps and a little pain, my chin is now hair free. I'm feeling less frumpy already. When I finish typing, my next stop will be to shape these raggedy nails and put a little polish on. Baby steps I know. But hey, radical change doesn't happen overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment