Monday, July 16, 2012

Hawaii

Ahhh...vacation. It seems you don't realize how much you need it until you make time for it. I The past couple months I have been having medical test after test to determine to cause of health "issues" I am experiencing. So far, results have come back normal, which is a good thing. Still, I have been somewhat consumed with trying  figure out the cause of the problem. There are more test coming up, but right now my focus is Hawaii!!

Yes, I am writing from beautiful Hawaii. This is my first time here, and though my body does not seem to want to adjust to the time change, I am having a great time. The only thing I have to "worry" about here is relaxing, sightseeing, and spending time with my family. I don't even have to think about eating or gaining weight since I always lose weight on vacation. There's something about being relaxed that makes eating a more conscious activity for me.

Now that I have taken time to put my life on pause, it reaffirms the need to do so more often. Even if it is only for small periods of time. So often, I use my days off to work on advancing myself professionally, or to take care of other business. But I also need to value rest.

I encourage all of you to take time-make time-for yourself. No, you don't need to go to Hawaii. You don't even need to leave your house. Arrange time to do something you enjoy, and do it regularly. Rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment